Thursday, November 16, 2017

BATTLE OF THE DELIS

An Editorial By BROGAN JOHNSON

Depending on where you live in the Washingtonville school district, your go-to deli may differ from that of your friends.  According to the students of WHS, the leading deli competitors in Washingtonville are T&M and C&G.  Both delis have a similar welcoming atmosphere and products like breakfast sandwiches and to-go dinners, but the taste of their foods are completely different, further fueling the competition.   

BROGAN JOHNSON FOR THE WIZARD WEEKLY
T&M has been around for over 30 years serving multiple generations, while C&G is coming up on its tenth year.  Their menus include foods of all types varying from breakfast to dinner and everything in between.  T&M and C&G are both the perfect pit stops when there isn’t enough time to make breakfast before school.  

Personally, my go-to deli is T&M, due to my parents being close friends with the owners and the fact that it is conveniently on my way to school.  My close friends can guarantee that if they look into my car in the morning, I will most likely be eating a bacon egg and cheese from none other than T&M Deli.  In addition, T&M is the perfect fix for when my mom has to work late leaving my dad and I stranded for dinner.  

Jade Curtis, a junior at WHS and a T&M employee, also claims that T&M is her favorite because the food “never disappoints.”  This has become her first choice deli because, “I live within walking distance and they have the best breakfast food around.”  Not unlike me, Jade also stated her typical order is a BEC or an omelet.  Working at T&M has made Curtis “love it even more because my fellow employees treat me like family, and I always get food!”

A senior at WHS and C&G employee, Bella Markgjonaj, believes C&G is the better deli due to the wide variety of hot food available.  C&G’s location contributes to her frequent visits because it is close to her house and on her way to school.  Bella stated, “My typical order is a stinger, which is a chicken cutlet with ranch and hot sauce.”  Markgjonaj is grateful she began working at C&G because it gave her the “opportunity to try foods I may not have whenever I want.”  

If neither deli existed, who could students, especially myself, depend on for their ever growing BEC cravings or last minute dinner options?  Regardless of your favorite deli or typical order, all students can agree Washingtonville wouldn’t be the same without T&M and C&G.

No comments:

Post a Comment