Thursday, February 2, 2017

BROTHER BRUNO’S VS. F&J’S: WHICH PIZZERIA IS THE FAN FAVORITE?

By DAVID MOSCA

Whether it be the crispy crust, the stringy cheese, or the flavorful tomato sauce, pizza has become a well-known household delicacy since its introduction in the United States during the early 20th century. For almost thirty years, Washingtonville has been the location for two popular pizza places: Brother Bruno’s and F&J’s. Both Italian eateries have dominated the village, splitting the loyalty of Washingtonville’s citizens in half. With both pizzerias being located in the town’s most heavily populated spots, F&J’s is located in the center of town and Brother Bruno’s is in the town’s main shopping plaza, both restaurants have a very heavy following of the famed “Italian Pie.” But the question is, which restaurant is Washingtonville’s official “fan favorite?” 

DAVID MOSCA FOR WIZARD WEEKLY

In order to answer that question, we decided to look into the age group that tends to eat the most pizza: high schoolers.  I asked a few questions on the matter to two of our very own Wizards.  Here is what students Marco Lopez and Sam Pryde had to say on which pizzeria reigns supreme:

On the subject matter of overall pizza, whose pizza do you prefer? Brother Bruno’s or F&J’s?

Marco: I prefer Brother Bruno’s.
Sam: I like F&J’s better.

What is your earliest memory of eating at that pizzeria?

Sam: My earliest memory of eating at F&J’s was when I was younger. It meant a lot to me because my dad would take me there on Tuesdays after Girl Scouts. Real father-daughter bonding time. The pizza made the experience a whole lot better because it was amazing.

Marco: My earliest memory of eating at Brother Bruno’s was when I first moved to Washingtonville in first grade. When my family moved into our first house, we heard about Brother Bruno’s and decided to try it out. It was the best slice of pizza I’ve ever had. Period.

Is there any specific pizza you always order? Why do you like the way that specific pizzeria makes it?

Marco: I just order an entire pie with half being plain, and the other half being pepperoni. The pizza never disappoints, and it always tastes as good as it did the last time, sometimes better. I always find myself coming back because of it.

Sam: I love getting the Mushroom Pizza. I have a soft spot for mushrooms. Actually, I’m a mushroom freak and I love those things to death. Mushrooms on a pizza? When I heard that, I knew I had to try it, and it was absolutely delicious.

Obviously, to both Sam and Marco, pizza is very near and dear to their hearts, and the memories made throughout the years at their favorite pizzerias made the experience for them a whole lot better. With both Brother Bruno’s and F&J’s surrounding the village of Washingtonville for almost forty years, they both have brought their unique flair of Italian cuisine to Washingtonville’s residents. Even though the Washingtonville population may be split on the matter, their love of Italian food, and especially pizza, is never-ending. But the question remains, “Which Washingtonville pizzeria is the fan favorite? F&J’s or Brother Bruno’s?” The answer may be that the only way to know is to try them both.  You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment