Thursday, December 15, 2016

A PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE ON WASHINGTONVILLE'S JROTC

By HAILEY SCHNEIDER  


HAILEY SCHNEIDER FOR WIZARD WEEKLY

Have you ever wondered what its like to be in the JROTC program at Washingtonville High School?  Executive Officer Alyssa Pagano, an important member of this program for four years now, explains how it has impacted her life and will continue to do so for many years to come. Alyssa states, “For the past four years I have made friends that have traveled this journey with me. I love the people and the instructors; without them I don’t know where I would be today.”

JROTC’s main goal is to teach high school students leadership skills, service to the community, and responsibility. Alyssa has met many people whom have played a major role in her success during her time in the program.  “The people who have impacted my life are the people in my staff: Thomas Sheboy, Sarah Witte, Noemie Dubose, Alec Sullivan, Isabella Witte, and many others. The instructors, Major Allen and Chief Brickel, have also been there every step of the way.  Every cadet in the program impacts my life greatly.”


This program not only develops skills for now, but it also develops skills for the future. Alyssa expressed how JROTC will influence her future. “Further into my life I will carry the seven Army values of loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. I’ll also bring organization and communication skills that will help me through my career.”   Best of luck to Alyssa as she continues with her journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment